1/2 Day Manual Handling Training Course
Incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work. It causes work-related musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) which account for over a third of all workplace injuries.
Our course is tailored to the needs of each individual client.
Our aim is to give delegates the practical knowledge that they need in order to understand the risks involved with manual handling and making sure that they are aware of how to lift correctly so as to minimise that risk.
Who should attend?
This is a recommended training programme for any employee or self-employed person who may be required to handle, carry, or move objects as part of their day-to-day work.
- Defining and recognising problem areas in Manual Handling operations
- Employer/Employee duties and responsibilities in relation to Manual Handling
- Impact of poor Manual Handling techniques
- Causes and contributory factors of musculoskeletal disorders
- Making assessment of the Manual Handling tasks
- Weight limits guidelines
- Types and selection of lifting aids
- Kinetic lifting methods