Emergency First Aid at Work
1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work Course
Employers have an obligation under the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981 and Approved Code of Practice (ACOP L74) to make adequate and appropriate First Aid provision for their workforce.
It is recommended that someone is able to undertake First Aid duties at all times whilst people are at work.
Our course covers the full EFAW Emergency First Aid at Work syllabus and is ideal for smaller workplaces that present few health and safety risks, where a nominated or appointed person is required to take charge in the event of an illness or accident.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid and is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments.
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
- Deal with an unconscious casualty
- Carry out resuscitation on a casualty who is not breathing or not breathing properly
- Know how to treat a casualty who is choking
- Control bleeding and manage shock
- Be able to recognise and deal with a wide range of common injuries until the arrival of medical care
- Maintain records
- Use and maintain first aid kits.