Forklift Novice Operator Course
3 Day Training Course
Our RTITB Forklift Novice Course is designed for delegates with no forklift experience whatsoever and wish to attain an accredited certificate.
The course provides delegates with the required skills and knowledge that are essential in the safe use and operation of Forklift driving.
Delegates undergo both a practical assessment as well as a theory exam, giving businesses the reassurance that their staff have received and understood their tuition in Forklift Operation.
It is estimated that each year 10% of all investigated accidents involving lift trucks are caused largely due to the lack of operator training, resulting in injury to operators and to those around them (Health and Safety Executive (HSE) figures).
Our instructors are RTITB accredited and undergo continuous evaluation to maintain the highest level of training possible.
Who should attend?
Operators who have no experience of operating the fork lift truck and had no formal training and are wishing to gain the RTITB approved certificate.
- Introduction to the forklift
- Identification of truck parts
- Controls and instruments
- Starting, moving and stopping the truck
- Steering and driving, empty and loaded. Hydraulic system
- Weight assessment and stability
- Handling loaded and unloaded pallets
- Driving on and off ramps
- Vehicle loading and unloading
- Truck inspection and maintenance
- Operator’s safety code
- Testing to RTITB standards.